Do you have what it takes to become a howling husky pack member?
Do you love huskies just as much as we do and enjoy giving people a howling good experience?
We still need a few people to come and enjoy the fine madness of our sled dogs this winter!
Please send all enquiries and applications to email@example.com
Our dogs, staff and clients are the most important part of Howling Husky Sled Dog Tours. One example of the love and care we have for our dogs and clients is the fact that our guides are given extensive training before they are allowed to guide without supervision. Here at Howling Huskys we have a passion for huskies and giving our customers a magical experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives, while teaching them about huskies and where they came from.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our pack, apply for a position.
2018 winter positions
This coming winter we are looking to add to our 2 legged team, the following positions are available:
Guides, up to 6 days a week.
Handlers, up to 6 days a week
Administration, 5 days a week
Our ideal team members are easy going but hard working - you must be reasonably fit, capable and willing to work long hours in extreme conditions as part of a team.
- Guiding dog sled tours from 30 minutes to full day
- Guiding snowmobile tours
- Planning and preparation for dog sledding tours
- Tour trip reports
- Safety talks to clients relating to client and dog well being
- Responsible for the safety of all clients and dogs on tours
- Maintenance and repair of equipment, kennels, sleds and buggies
- Trail grooming with snowmobile
- Daily care, cleanup, and monitoring of dogs as expected by Howling Huskys standard
- Participation in pre-season setup and trail clearing and post season cleanup
- Commitment to getting to know the dogs before tour season - being comfortable and having a strong bond with your team makes working with them easier throughout the season and is expected before guiding tours.
- Committed to preseason training
- Creating a fun experience for all clients at all times
- Can work in rain or shine 8-16 hours a day outside
- Learn about our tour locations, dog breeds and the sport of dog sledding so that it can be taught to our clients
- Love and respect for both dogs and the winter environment
- CPR/First Aid required (must be current though to October 2018)
- Current working with children check
- Self motivated, can-do, positive attitude, resourceful and energetic
- Able to work well in a team and possess solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and entertain a group of guests
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions due to weather, guests, dogs and trails
- Experience leading outdoor tours a plus but not required
- Can lift and carry 20kg without assistance
- No previous dog sledding or snowmobile/skidoo experience required
- Successfully complete basic training and animal husbandry course run by Howling Huskys, this course is conducted at Mount Baw Baw Alpine Resort.
Administration and Marketing RESPONSIBILITIES
Front counter, checking clients in and out
Selling merchandise and tours
Marketing through our social media
Web site updates
Talking with clients on the phone.
MUST LOVE DOGS!
Must have a happy and welcoming personality
- You will be required to complete a Howling Huskys basic training and animal husbandry course Starting NOW!
- You will be paid an hourly rate after completing training coarse and employed as a casual with seasonal full time hours depending on snow conditions
- Employment contract until September 10th - some extensions possible depending on bookings
- After training accommodation can be provided rent will be charged and meals are not included
- In Mount Baw Baw accommodation is a shared room in a large ski lodge with other paying guests
- In Dinner Plain/Mount Hotham accommodation is in Omeo
- Both locations have cooking facilities